Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Scrapbook Paper Lampshades

How much scrapbooking paper do you have? There are so many enticing papers available it can be quite addicting! I don't know about you, but I have stacks! So I thought, why not try making some lampshades! Since we never want to throw any scraps away, they can be easily sewn together to form one continuous piece.

The shades above are all from the gorgeous 7gypsies collections, Lille, Conservatory and Venice. The 2 in the background have been featherstitched together, and the 2 in the foreground are solid panels.





Since I didn't use an adhesive styrene because I wanted to see the other side of the double sided paper, I needed to try to make the paper a bit more sturdy. So I decided to use what I would use when making a botanical shade. I placed usiki silk over the paper and then applied a layer of usiki glue. I achieved my goal and a surprise! The affect of the silk and glue gives it the most incredible vintage feel! I was thrilled!

To complete the shades I used a variety of interesting trims, tree trunk wrap, crocheted hemp and Tim Holtz Traveler Tissue Tape.

See you soon,

Judy

2 comments:

  1. These turned out so darn cute! Love what you did.

    It's warming up today. A balmy 26 degrees out there! - Cheers, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy!

    Thank you! The inside is just as cute as the outside!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete